Why Go Tubular?
Partner with a manufacturer whose process begins with an experienced in-house engineering team dedicated to providing packaging solutions with reduced lead times and smaller economic order quantities. Eliminate expensive mold costs for specialty designs allowing you to customize your packaging requirements.
Benefits of Tubular Vial Conversion over Molded Glass Vials
- Work with a U.S. manufacturer who is flexible and looks to develop partnerships that are dedicated to providing packaging solutions.
- Reduced lead times and smaller economic order quantities.
- No annual production campaigns to consider providing you better inventory management options.
- No expensive mold costs for specialty designs allowing you to customize your packaging requirements.
- Experienced in-house package engineering team.
- Superior fill level consistency.
- Clarity verses glass and/or plastic molded containers facilitates vision system inspections.
- Consistent and uniform bottom wall weight providing optimum lyophilization results.
- Lighter per container weight reduces shipping costs.
- Capacity range from 1mL to 60mL’s.
Process vs. Process
Molded glass vials are formed using a process of injecting a ‘glob’ of molten glass into a mold, compressed air is used in the pre-forming process to fill the mold and then cooled after which the mold is removed revealing the glass vial. The molded vial is heavier than a tubular vial and has a visible seam in the body.
Tubular glass vials are converted using long tubing sections of glass that is made to a specific body OD and wall thickness, allowing for a more consistently produced vial in both appearance and fill capacity.
“Richland Glass has been a major supplier of high quality OEM components for our company for over 12 years and has always provided excellent customer service without compromise.” Robert A. – President & CEO - Data Technology
“Richland Glass is one of the few remaining companies which retain the equipment and expertise needed to produce quality glass-to-metal seals and are willing to work with customers who rely on this technology. Richland Glass has been supplying our production line with on time deliveries of critical components for over 15 years.” Jon P – Op to-Mechanical Engineer for a leading government contract OEM manufacturer
Call us today: 856-691-1697 or fill out a form HERE.