Reporting Status: Salary
Directly reports to: Engineering Manager
The role is directly support all electronic technologies involving computer systems, networks, software, hardware, and communications platforms and new process development along with mechanical technologies. The role is responsible for keeping current with technology and employ best practices to communicate electronically from the front office to the factory floor. There will be a requirement for daily support and project work, which will be agreed upon and documented as needed.
- Work on projects from conception to production.
- Factory technical support to improve uptime and competitive advantage
- Keep current with technology installations while managing budget
- Integrate all platforms to properly communicate and work as required.
(Business system, quality system, SCADA system and shop floor data collection)
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with outside vendors on a timely basis.
- Improve communication at all levels on engineering status and issues.
- Support and develop PLC plant logic. Strong knowledge of Siemens Process Controllers a plus.
- Maintain stock, determine/communicate stock levels and document all electronic/pneumatic components for the whole shop.
- Continued support and practice 5S.
- Maintain plant/office environmental systems.
- Work to generate AutoCAD prints and archive the more complex electronic and machined parts.
- Support existing HMI for ease of use for operator and consistency throughout all departments and equipment.
- Support existing and develop new vision system applications.
- Support maintenance manager in all electrical troubleshooting/installations.
- Mount both electrical and mechanical devices in panels and/or machines.
- Support breakdowns as needed
- Communicate status of projects to the upper management.